Monday, October 12, 2015

Patti D's hearty heart


Hearts Project

  My second piece of work utilizing a referential shape (also submitted in B&W), has a difference in as far as scale.  The large Heart bowls centrally located are offset by the heavy "frames" of the pictures.  By repetition, you can follow the corks, mimicking the  shape.  Primary colors influence the focus point of the frames, which are also representative of thick lines.  There is no specific theme to the project as evidenced by the heart, the heavy framed pictures and the corks all placed over ferns unless you are a psychologist - then you may suggest that the piece represents my family being alcoholics.

I submitted both in black and white because I feel more affected by each piece without color added.  I have a soft spot for the depth that you can get by removing the color.

No comments:

Post a Comment