Friday, June 27, 2014

Katya B.'s Sweet Heart!

The first image is composed of cherry tomatoes, dried blueberries, Lifesavers, Jolly Ranchers, peppermints, and MnMs. All of the things I'm not really supposed to have unless my blood sugar has hit 70. I tried for formal balance/symmetry to convey my attitude towards candy - look but don't eat. I utilized color to add variety, and attempted to establish a rhythm by alternating the Jolly Ranchers and Lifesavers by color. However, because I didn't have enough of certain colors, the the repetition wasn't perfect, which also amounts to have a near-symmetry rather than formal balance overall. The relationships between colors are varied. For instance, the red, white, and green colors don't fulfill any triad, but red and green are complimentary and white is neutral. The same applies to the Jolly Ranchers, which were red, blue, green, and pink, giving a mix of both cool and warm colors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment